Yay! Twitter is new.
Actually new. It has got a new look and a new feel. As Twitter moves up, it has not only upgraded its look but has also added new features and has made it more user friendly.
Though people are comparing it with Facebook due to the cover page and head-shot design which is similar, I still appreciate the newness.
When it comes to social media, a new profile means, a NEW YOU! Yessss……and this is all about it! A new look for you!!
The new Twitter profile offers larger profile photo, customizes your header, gives you notifications and shows your best Tweets.
To understand them better, lets dig in a little deeper:
- Look: Your bio now comes on left hand side under your profile photo with your location, website’s url and your photos and videos. Your tweets remain in center and suggestions like, “who to follow” are displayed on right side. The four tabs on the header bar of Twitter are now Home, Notifications, Discover and Me.
- Notifications: This has made Twitter a lot easier. When you are now logged in your Twitter profile, you receive notifications if someone has replied, favorited or retweeted your Tweets. You also receive notifications for direct messages and new followers. All these notifications are fully interactive, so that you can reply, favorite, retweet, and follow right from the there.
- Tweets and “Tweets and replies”: Tweets have been separated from tweets with replies. Tweets are published on the main timeline of Twitter while if you are interested to see the replies to any particular tweet, you have to go to the other tab named as “Tweets and replies”.
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger now, so that your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you are all about. It is similar to having a status, like we had in old Facebook profile. This tweet will remain on the top, till it is not unpinned.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline you want to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies. By doing so, you’ll be filtered only to the option you have chosen.
Wow! Doesn’t all this excite you? I am sure, it does.
But sadly for now this all new Twitter profile setup is available only for a small group of users. Soon Twitter will roll out the new features to all the existing old profiles as well. Though you can start with the new profile right away if you are new to Twitter.
Here I have provided the screenshot of my Twitter profile so that you can see the new look and features. So enjoy the new look and experience it soon!